Ivan Mikhailov wrote:
Hello Marc-Alexandre,

Something gone really weird.
It is probably not a run out of disk, because Virtuoso usually detect such
things properly.
OTOH single 1.1TB file without striping is what I've never tried so I can't say "it
works for me".
Striping to multiple disks is always Good Thing if a database is larger than a
half of RAM.
I've inspected the code, but found no evident reason that may make this
specific size important.
So I'll ask others.

Best Regards,

Ivan Mikhailov
OpenLink Software
http://virtuoso.openlinksw.com

Bottom line, going to a DBMS of this magnitude without stripping introduces problems at too many levels esp. the host OS limits for resources such as single files.

This DBMS really needs to have been stripped as outlined above.

Kingsley