On 9/7/10 11:44 AM, Florian Kleedorfer wrote:
   Hi,

I was wondering if virtuoso's sponger feature helps with data
integration from lod dumps. I am particularly interested in integrating
selected freebase topics with certain dbpedia data selected by instance
type. For dbpedia, this is quite straightforward, as the dumps come in
the n3 format; following these instructions, I managed to load the data
http://virtuoso.openlinksw.com/dataspace/dav/wiki/Main/VirtBulkRDFLoaderExampleDbpedia

For freebase, however, this is trickier - I found this post on
converting the freebase quadruple dump to rdf
http://www.freebase.com/view/m/04xw5db
and I started out writing a python script that does this kind of
conversion, however, the approach is quite crude, so before implementing
the gory details of it, could someone please let me know if there's a
way how virtuoso does that out of the box?

Thanks for your time!

Best,

Florian

The sponger will seek RDF representations from Freebase URIs.

Freebase will send RDF back.

Thus, you can use the sponger to crawl freebase "on the fly".

For bulk crawling, its best done via the in-built Virtuoso crawler which has a "sponge" option.

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen
President&  CEO