On 12/10/10 12:58 PM, Marc-Alexandre Nolin wrote:
Hello,

is it possible to tell Virtuoso to return triples corresponding to a
URI even if the case is not 100% similar.

Example:

http://bio2rdf.org/uniprot:P17710 rdf:type uniprot_resource:protein .
http://bio2rdf.org/uniprot:P17710 rdfs:title "HXK1_MOUSE" .

If I write the following sparql query, I will retrieve the 2 triples.

select *
where
{
<http://bio2rdf.org/uniprot:P17710>  ?p ?o .
}
http://quebec.uniprot.bio2rdf.org/sparql?default-graph-uri=&query=select+*+where+{%0D%0A%3Chttp://bio2rdf.org/uniprot:P17710%3E+%3Fp+%3Fo+.%0D%0A}&format=text/html&debug=on&timeout=

This is the desired effect, but lets say I'm writing this query instead:

select *
where
{
<http://bio2rdf.org/uniprot:p17710>  ?p ?o .
}
http://quebec.uniprot.bio2rdf.org/sparql?default-graph-uri=&query=select+*+where+{%0D%0A%3Chttp://bio2rdf.org/uniprot:p17710%3E+%3Fp+%3Fo+.%0D%0A}&format=text/html&debug=on&timeout=

I will retrieve nothing. In some situation this is what is expected,
but in situation where the users doesn't know the identifier case
scheme AND the case is not important for that specific dataset, I
would like to turn off the case sensitivity. Is it possible?

Thanks,

Marc-Alexandre Nolin

Make a graph, then add the following triples:

<http://bio2rdf.org/uniprot:p17710>
owl:sameAs<http://bio2rdf.org/uniprot:p17710>  .

Then make an Inference Rule that bound to the Graph IRI hosting the triple
above.

When you make SPARQL enable inference context via "owl:sameAs" pragma .

Links:

1.
http://virtuoso.openlinksw.com/presentations/SPARQL_Tutorials/SPARQL_Tutorials_Part_2/SPARQL_Tutorials_Part_2.html#(60)
 -- owl:sameAs pragma example