The last one. For a more clear picture: a unix server most times does not
have any keyboard or video card build in, it only has a serial port, labeled
'console'. You can hook a serial terminal to this port and see the boot
messages and you can get a text-only login, about the same if you do a
telnet to a unix machine.

With this setup, you can imagine it is verry hard to get a desktop, or
GraphicalUserInterface or such. There is just no hardware to do that.

> The pronouns realy makes me puzzled. Does it mean desktop or
> desktop at console? What means "desktop at console" on earth?
> When I see desktop, I do not see anything behind it.

In my description, the desktop is what you see in a graphical user
interface. On unix machines provided by display managers or windowmanagers
like KDE, Gnome, CDE and such. On M$Windows machines, it's the windows.

For the vnc part, on unix, vnc provides a software-graphical-user-interface
that can be seen with vncviewer and used as if it is a hardware gui.