With setup as on http://www.sourcecodecorner.com/articles/vnc/linux.asp, the
vnc-password is obsoleted (and removed) and the unix password is used.

> Is it, because password hashing is done on the client side
> and there is no
> way for Xvnc to
> crypt/md5 that password for comparison against the shadow-password?
> since there is modification for windows vnc server to
> authenticate against
> NT Domain I wonder if
> there is a similar feature in Xvnc (auth. against unix password) ?

It should be verry easy to implement since the vnc security is based on the
unix security. I think it is just a change of parameter (fetch the password
from the system, not from ~/.vnc/vncpassword) and off you go.

WARNING: if used over public networks, you have your password flying around
with a not so good encryptoin...

CBee