> do I understand you right - you can`t reach the server directly but have to
> use a http proxy ? then, ssh won`t help here...

Well, I think that's the case...  My IE web browser at work has all the
proxy server settings in it, and we have to go through a certain proxy
server along with the firewall to get to my machine at home...

On the other hand, I *can* use SSH software at work to connect to my web
server without a problem, so maybe I would be okay?

> putty is just a single binary which doesn`t need installation. There is also
> mindterm,
> which is a java-applet ssh client, which can  do tunneling, also.

Cool.  Thanks,
        --Kyle Yamnitz
          Elementary Education Lesson Plans:
                http://www.LessonPlansPage.com/