From: Joel E. Lieberman, Ph.D. [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: woensdag 28 mei 2003 17:11
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Com; Beerse, Corni
Subject: RE: Problem with -alwaysshared server option

CBee -

Thanks for your latest reply.  I don't want to be a pain, but your
explanation seems to partially contradict the VNC documentation.  Here is an
excerpt from the docs:
*
-alwaysshared
Always treat new clients as shared (i.e. ignore client's shared flag).
-nevershared
Never treat new clients as shared (i.e. ignore client's shared flag).
-dontdisconnect
Don't disconnect existing clients when a new "non-shared" connection comes
in. Instead the new connection is refused. New "shared" connections are
still allowed in the normal way.
*
The reason I am trying to use the -alwaysshared option is so that all users
will be treated as shared and their client settings will be ignored
(overridden) by the server.  I am trying to make it easy for clients to
connect and share without burdening the users with having to define
additional options for their viewers.  Unless I am reading this wrong, the
-alwaysshared option should do just that and force a shared connection for
any number of clients that connect to the server.  Also, based on the above
excerpts, it should not be necessary to use any additional options beyond
the -alwaysshared.

Do you know anyone who has got this stuff to work as indicated in the docs?
I'm not getting very far with it.

Thanks again -

Joel