not using vnc. See if there is a streaming audio format between your server
and viewer os and use that.

> 2) if  #1 is not possible, how could I generate a continues
> beep sound on the
> client side (this beep must be initiated from the server side
> application?

beep is the only sound that appears to be working somethimes. It must be
said, it is only if it is beep, not if it is changed to any other phony
sound.

Then, a repeated beep is not the intention of the beep. In fact, the beep is
actually a character (ascii value 8, 0x8, 010). THat is in display on a
terminal. As long as it it visible at that terminal, it is displayed. Since
it takes no space, there can  be bilions on a single line.

So if you use a continues beep, best to send a <cr> once in a while to the
same termial to flush lines.

> 3) I got the bell command (in Tcl/Tk) to work with the above
> (#2) config, but
> had no luck playing a "beep" in a continuous mannor with VNC
> Server -> client
> setup.

I think we discussed some of this before. The <cr> trick is something that
just came up. give it a try.

> 4) Is all the VNC Servers are same? (because there is an AT&T
> VNC Version,
> there is TightVNC & RealVNC?????

Well the protocol is. I think if there are a couple of honderd bell-s on
aline, the character-lookup and display can take a while.

> Please help me find an answer for the above questions.

Is there a reason for the continues bell? It might be better to attach a
sirene to the machine ;-)

CBee