There was a post asking if VNC is working fine under Windows 2003.  Well, my
answer to this question is definitively "It works, but not perfectly".

    I've come across these problems several times :

1) I started the viewer, entered the hostname, entered the password and then nothing
happened.

2) I started the viewer, entered the hostname, entered the password, a VNC window is
drawn but the background is gray with the words saying that it's drawing (I can't
remember the exact wording).  It's as if the viewer is fetching data through a 56K
connection but in fact it's using a LAN.  And this screen just lasted forever.

3) I started the viewer, entered the hostname, and ...... nothing else happened !!

    In every case, when I went back to check the server, I mean physically, not
virtually, there's always an error message saying the VNC is reading some memory
(sorry, I didn't jot down the message) and the next dialog box is the famous "Do you
want to send the error back to Microsoft?"  Of course, I didn't.  It would have been
much more useful had it been sent back to RealVNC.

    Seak