Hi all!
My problem is rather strange but may be already discussed in the list, so plaese bear with me.I have installed the VNC on one of the Solaris machine, now i want to configure it in such a way that i can use CDE environment or i can login on it remotely using dtsession or something like that. The problem is that i don't have root permission on the machine and want to configure it as a simple user. It there any way to do that?

presently using the command: Xvnc :2 -query localhost gives following error message:
<snip>
$ Xvnc :2 -query localhost
_XSERVTransSocketCreateListener: failed to bind listener
_XSERVTransSocketUNIXCreateListener: ...SocketCreateListener() failed
_XSERVTransMakeAllCOTSServerListeners: failed to create listener for local

Fatal server error:
Failed to establish all listening sockets
</snip>

while simple vncserver script running does'nt give any error but shows twm manager, which i don't want to have. (Problem seems to have in -query option)
(if i simply change in the file ~/.vnc/xstartup to dtsession or something else, blank window appears.)
any solution to this???
i tried the same thing on some another m/c also,(infact on linux also, i am not able to get the login screen) but faces same problem.

Thanks a lot in advance....
any pointers will help me a lot.....

-regards
prashant