Change the display number and add that to 5900 to change the port. It's a
fairly easy hack to find this port. And vnc is not secure in any way. The
encryption you might see is actually compression and wel published.

> I also want to connect using a web browser.

That's by default on the port 100 lower than the vncviewer, (if it is not
disabled). So also open port 5800 to get things going.

Once you've seen it working, keep in mind, this is even less secure since
you now not only provide the access but also the tools to access...

> My router has port 80 open, but I'm redirecting that to a
> webmail server

If this is a kind of webserver, then peek at the page that is published at
port 5800 and get that one into your other webserver.

The java files can be found in any unix (linux) vnc distribution, in the
.../classes/ directory. Just extract a unix zip (gz, tgz) distribution (with
winzip for example). The *.vnc files in that .../classes/ directory are html
templates that can be used as a template for your html pages.

> So can I "reach" VNC using a web browser, with another port?

As above, you can use any other webserver on the same machine as the
vncserver (that is a java restriction) as long as you know some html coding.

Otherwise, you also have to open the vnc-webserver at port 5800.

> I don't want to stop reaching vnc remotely with the viewer.

If you are from the internet, keep in mind that vnc has no security. Most
security is added using ssh or variants.

CBee