        Yes, and you'll still need file manager.  And depending on each individual's
habit (whether he/she is an organised person), he/she might not be able to find back
the config file quickly few weeks or few days later.

> 1) Can be handled by going to Start->Documents, where,
> amongst other things, recently used .vnc files will appear.

        Not exactly the analogy I'm implying.  For me, "recently opened file" analogy
is the history in the connection prompt window.  One major problem with Start >
Documents is that this place is too common.  Imagine you've opened a vnc file, then
you've opened 20 other files (though I think 15 is sufficient) and your vnc file can't
be found that!  Opening 20 or more files in one single day is very likely, esp for an
administrator.