Usually Win98 machine doesn't require a real login with password.  But in
order to make WinNT machines accept SMB connection, Win98 has to provide such
information.  Win9x provides such info from login info.

        So configure your Win98 machine so that it requires a login with a non-empty
password.  Then in your Win2k machine, create an account (probably local one suffices,
but I can't remember well) with the same info and normally this should work.

        Good luck