What you're asking is quite hard to accomplish.  Not only VNC can't do so, I
don't think any other similar software (PCAnywhere, eg) could do that either.

        Actually, do you just want to share the application?  If so, maybe you could
try to share the directory containing the Excel and have your friend access that
directory through network, though I'm not sure if this would work because of DLL's
which might not present in your friend's PC.