        Closing all!  What a drastic measure!

> for pcAnywhere.  I've confirmed this with both nmap and telnet.  He
> never said anything to me, so I didn't realize he actually did it.  I

        Ah ha ha :-D  Well, I understand completely your frustration, because I very
often come across the same situation: my workmates have done something and they never
don't *care* to tell anybody else about it.  Not even one person!  What a
communication!

> thought I could still use the default VNC port setup, but things are
> nicely tightened up now except - the crazy guy left Telnet access to
> the router open - AAARRRGGGHHHHH!!!  I just can't make him understand
> that telnet is a Very Bad Thing...
>
> Anyway, this newly restricted access is a Very Good Thing.  But it might
> present a problem for me trying to use VNC.  I think I can I can
> reconfigure the VNC server to use port 5631 easily enough, but I wonder
> if that might cause any problems with pcAnywhere.  I still can't trash
> pcAnywhere for several reasons.  I'll still need it occasionally, like
> for file transfers (my understanding is VNC lacks this) and for
> connecting to other workstations than mine.
>
> While I'm at it, one other quick question.  Does VNC allow remote
> printing from host to remote?

        Nope :(

        Of course, unless you've got some kind of IP printing to your remote machine.

> Thanks!

        It's a pleasure :-)