>From a SSH Session I tried to start x0rfbserver
and it told me I couldn't
so I checked the variables in the X sesion with
evets:>  set

and saw  DISPLAY=:0

When I checked the SSH Session there was no DISPLAY
So I typed export DISPLAY=:0

then x0rfbserver
SURPRSINGLY IT WORKED LIKE A CHARM
of course this was mandrake linux and the same user held the session
credentials
so if my user owns the main Xsession I can take it over
EXCEPT that x0rfbserver needs to be configured ONCE from the main
display 8-)

although if I can put an ~/.x0rfbserver   file that is setup I'm in
;-)