From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Behalf Of Andy and Lenore Etherington
Sent: October 21, 2006 16:55 PM
To: Doyal McVicker; Ken Burkhalter
Cc: vnc-list@realvnc.com
Subject: RE: Unable to Connect to VNC server from within my LAN

your setup almost exactly mirrors mine (wrt 54g backbone, 2 computers
wireless, one wired), but I don't have any ports open on the router. those
settings are for the internet-facing side of the router, and don't affect
the internal LAN operation. further, by opening the ports on the router,
you're probably exposing your VNC server to the internet, something you
probably don't want to do. my setup works fine without open ports, I'd look
somewhere else for the answer.

Andy Etherington