From: James Weatherall [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, October 27, 2006 3:00 AM
To: 'Craig Musgrove'; vnc-list@realvnc.com
Subject: RE: VNC 4.1.2 port 4900

Craig,

It sounds like something is trashing your VNC Server's Service-Mode
settings.

If the machine's on a domain, you may want to check that someone hasn't set
up a "policy" that's overriding the port number.  You may also want to run a
virus checker on the system, to ensure that there's nothing tampering with
settings maliciously.

Have you verified that the Service-Mode configuration in the registry
includes the bogus port number?

Regards,

Wez @ RealVNC Ltd.