This is possibly some spyware or trojan which hides its process from process manager. You can try to use tools from sysinternals.com to discover this process. Also run updated anti-virus software to check if there is any virus. When you run anti-virus disable windows restore because if the file is in one of the windows directories it will be restored right back. You should have your hand full with this one. Don't let is slide though because it may be some key logger of some zombie software.

Alex

danidani wrote:
PID is 1576 but it doesn't correspond to any PID that is listed in the Task Manager

quite strange isn't it?!