On Fri, Jan 26, 2007 at 05:44:40PM +0800, lizhong wrote:
> Hi all,
>     As we know, vnc is used to send desktop to a client from the
> server. I've dig into the emails of vnc mail list, and found a
> single application vnc server called "VNC CD Player". This program
> was never published, and I just know that it provides remote CD
> Player interface using RFB protocol. Is there any ready-made VNC
> server which could allow the user to select a remote appliction,
> and transmit not the whole desktop but only the interface of this
> appliction? Thanks for any help!

I have written an RFB/VNC backend [1] for libggi [2]. So any
decently well-written GGI application should be able to act as a
single application VNC server.

There is a caveat though, and that is that the VNC backend is only
in the CVS version [3] of libggi, and the release including it is
probably not going to happen anytime soon. So, you will have to do
some compiling yourself to get going.

I know there was once another such backend written by Steve Cheng
which was based on the RealVNC code base, but that work was never
merged due to license incompatibilities. This backend has been
written from scratch to evade the license incompatibility (BSD vs.
GPL).

Cheers,
Peter

[1] http://www.ggi-project.org/documentation/libggi/current/display-vnc.7.html