are you saying that your RDP drops when you try to connect via VNC, or
that VNC in general does not connect?

- if the former, could be a simple matter of users & where VNC was
installed.  it will default to the admin account, regardless of what
user your logged in as.
- if the latter, many possible scenarios.
       - machine in question is running vista (freeVNC doesn't work)
       - VNC is set to only accept local connections

Ryo