presuming you can load VNC on the DVR then yes, BUT probably won't
give you the results that you want (because it's a screen redraw the
playback quality will be poor).

depending on the Windows version running, RDP would be a better option
- but unclear if that would work.

can you provide a link to the DVR?  probably can give you some better
guidance if i knew what it was.

Ryo