Posted by David Bernstein:
Jeffrey Goldberg on Human Rights Watch:
http://volokh.com/archives/archive_2009_07_12-2009_07_18.shtml#1247680827

   Jeffrey Goldberg of the Atlantic [1]follows up on the controversy
   surrounding [2]my piece on HRW's fundraiser in Saudi Arabia. Goldberg
   reprints some rather remarkable email correspondence with Kenneth
   Roth, director of HRW, which is worth reading in full. But here's the
   conclusion:

     In other words, yes, the director of Human Rights Watch's Middle
     East division is attempting to raise funds from Saudis, including a
     member of the Shura Council (which oversees, on behalf of the Saudi
     monarchy, the imposition in the Kingdom of the strict Wahhabi
     interpretation of Islamic law) in part by highlighting her
     organization's investigations of Israel, and its war with Israel's
     "supporters," who are liars and deceivers. [Roth: "We report on
     Israel. Its supporters fight back with lies and deception."
     [!!!!!!]] It appears as if Human Rights Watch, in the pursuit of
     dollars, has compromised its integrity.