Robin,
Winds are calm in the eye of a hurricane. Highest speeds are on the outside.
Ron

----- Original Message -----
From: Robin <mixent...@aussiebroadband.com.au>
To: <vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Sent: 9/9/2021 3:12:40 PM
Subject: Re: [Vo]: Electrostatic Tornadoes and Hurricanes?

Hi,
[snip]

I suspect he had it backwards. The high wind speeds in the eye wall create
friction between particles which gives rise
to charge separation. Falling raindrops carry charge to the ground creating the
potential difference that gives rise to
lightning.
Thunder produces shock waves in the air that drive smaller droplets together
creating larger droplets that fall more
readily.

>Decades ago, Alfred Baez (physicist and father of Joan) proposed that
>hurricanes and/or tornadoes might be electrostatically driven. The idea being
>that the charge imbalance between the periphery and the center might drive the
>vortex. Yes folks, I'm posting something about vortices here on Vortex. When
>you observe all the lightning at the center of hurricanes and tornadoes, it
>sort of makes sense.
>
>Recently, the UAE has been using electrostatic drones as a method of seeding
>clouds, significantly increasing the rainfall in that desert area. So if AB
>was correct, might it be possible to weaken or completely eliminate these
>storms by flying a fleet of these electrostatic drones around the edge of the
>hurricane/tornado and slowly work toward the center?
>
>I mean, if you're going to throw a lot of gubmint money at something, this has
>the potential to save a lot of lives, property, and tax dollars.
Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk <mixent...@aussiebroadband.com.au>