Robin van Spaandonk wrote:

> The gist of the argument appears to be that you need explicit permission in
> each
> case. Since you claim to have such permission, perhaps you could include a
> link
> with each uploaded paper pointing to the explicit permission you received
> for
> that paper, or where you have received blanket permission, a link to that
> instead.

A "link" meaning what? A copy of an e-mail message? That can easily be
faked.

Actually, in many cases I do not have written permission per se, but the
authors sent me the papers and said go ahead and upload them. I could not
have gotten many of the papers otherwise, except by scanning them, which is
very tedious. You might say the paper itself constitutues permission.

I have blanket permission for several of the ICCF conferences, from the
conference organizers. For ICCF-14 (the most recent) the organizers told me
it is okay with them but I should ask each author individually. That is
easy, because I am the editor and all papers are coming to me anyway, so I
know the author's latest e-mail address.

Anyway, the argument is kind of ridiculous because the Internet has millions
of documents, photos and videos that may or may not violate copyright,
depending on who you ask. I consulted with one of the top copyright law
firms in Georgia (pro bono I am glad to say!), and they told me that since:
I am not selling these papers; the papers appear to have little or no
financial value; and I am clearly using them for academic purposes,
therefore I am not in violation of copyright.

Note that I have thousands of other papers, including 1,200 scanned ones,
that I cannot get permission to upload, and I have not uploaded them. They
are listed in the LENR-CANR database. Most are unimportant but there 50 or
so that I would love to upload. I told that to Petri Krohn.