The county I live in (Marin Co. CA) is not large in population - but does
have 18 branch libraries with magazine sections. I suspect that all of them
subscribe to Sci-Am.

I am going to write to the head Librarian to request cancelation of all
subscriptions to Sci-Am except for one or two to archive. I will cc to the
mag. editors.

The argument for cancellation is of course not based upon one ignorant
blogger's uneducated comments, nor the lack of a fair appraisal of the
science (we expect that). Instead the argument for cancellation is based on
the magazine's implicit decision at the editorial level to allow selective
censorship of responses..

I doubt that this effort will succeed - but I encourage everyone else on
Vortex - who is in a locale that values freedom of speech, and has lots of
libraries with Sci-Am subscriptions <g> to do likewise.

Jones