I meant to add the obvious alternative to:

> If you redesign it for Cryo-air, and only expand CA
through
> the engine itself... then that is not enough, as you will
> need enormous fuel tanks, and a larger engine...  BUT if
you
> add a turbine to the exhaust (turbo-generator, not turbo
> compressor) and inject some gasoline ahead of this into
the
> oxygen rich exhaust, then this "staged combustion" which
> Richard is talking about has added double synergy, in that
> you now have much more heat to recycle for the initial
> expansion.

The alternative is to this is to use a smaller standard
engine, or the same engine running even leaner, but with a
turbo-generator attached - and inject the CA into the
exhaust ahead of the generator. This gives the full 800-1
expansion ratio. You can even use the CA to cool the engine
(and provide air conditioning, of course)....

Let's hear a cheer for "100 MPG by 2006"

Jones