Frank Grimer wrote:

> At 06:04 am 25-02-05 -0600, Sparber wrote:
>
> > The 84,000 joule per gram Explosive Antimony output, in addition
> > to the energy recovered by recombining the plated-out Antimony
> > with the liberated Chlorine to get back Antimony Trichloride
> > SbCl3, sure looks O/U, doesn't it?
>

> I feel sure this idea is worth pursuing. In fact I would go
> further and claim that crossing any phase boundary at constant
> pressure involves O/U.

Things get kind of sticky, Frank,  the Antimony Anode does not dissolve in
HCL,
but, Gore (No kin to Al?) used the a solution of soluble Antimony
Trichloride in HCl aq :

"Gore (1855) found that if a current of electricity is passed through a
solution of antimony trichloride
in hydrochloric acid---using an antimony anode, and a platinum cathode---an
amorphous powder
of specific gravity of 5.78 is deposited on the cathode."

As I posted this morning:

>>  My table of gram equivalents for Antimony (Atomic wt. 121.76) and
Chlorine (Atomic wt.35.457)
>>  gives 1.514 grams deposited per ampere-hour for Antimony, and 1.323
grams per ampere-hour for
>>  Chlorine.
>>  Assuming 6.0 volts cell potential the input power would be 6.0 watts or
6.0 joules per second
> 0r 21,600 joule/hr for 1.514 grams of Antimony plated out, or 14,000
joule per plated-out gram.

>>  The 84,000 joule per gram Explosive Antimony output, in addition to the
energy recovered by
>>  recombining the plated-out Antimony with the liberated Chlorine to get
back Antimony Trichloride
>>  SbCl3, sure looks O/U, doesn't it?

Thus there should always be Hydrogen liberated at the cathode that might
"embed" in the
reactive alpha-antimony ( 51Sb-121).
This seems strikingly similar to some the reported O/U effects with
hydrogen in 46Palladium-106 etc.,
in electrolysis experiments.

Frederick