> From: William Beaty posted

And Steven Johnson continued

 Hey, take a look at the thingy I built for a local
 art gallery:

> http://amasci.com/art/pondmach/pond3.html

Does the length of the strips of light change with the music?

Nice "Thingy" William!

 > I was kinda hoping for Thomas Malloy to post an
 > answer, but being the biggest zealot it's painfully
> > clear his hand is the emptiest.

Hum,

 Heh.   People who are absolutely certain that they know
 the truth are quite irritating to all of us who really
 know the truth.  (Is that a Mark Twain quote wrongly
 remembered?)

Setting Mr. Twain aside might I suggest that there is much we can learn from Mr. Malloy.

Yah, I like that.

It's not so much about coming to terms with or accepting Mr. Malloy's belief system. It's about acquiring a better understanding of what motivates Mr. Malloy to have acquired the rigid-like belief system he currently follows for it seems quite likely to me that he would feel utterly terrified and lost in this world if he were to suspect there existed a flaw in the intellectual/philosophical boundaries he has constructed and barricaded himself within.

One of the speakers was Gary Bauer who ran for the Republican nomination for president. He is quite pro life. While we support the Republicans because half a cup, is better than an empty cup, the politicians who are electable, are too liberal to accomplish any meaningful change.

Whalit Shoebat is a former jihadi warrior who read the Bible and accepted Yeshua as his savior. Those who believe in the mythos that Islam is a religion of peace, should listen to the interview that he did with Olive Tree. He agrees with me about the coming war between us and Islam. I highly recommend that you purchase a copy of his address. Any serious Bible scholars will want to purchase a copy of his forth coming book.

I also attended Shabot services at our assembly. On the way back to the conference, I listened to a minister go on about how the blood of the aborted fetus' cries out from the ground for vengence.

Following the conference, I attended a Hagdala (end of Shabot) service at a friend's house. All together, I rubbed shoulders with over 1000 people who are in basic agreement with my world view. There's nothing like being in the presence of people who share your ideas to reinforce them.

Acquiring a better understanding of what is going on here may prove to be crucial for the survival of our planet depending on how prevalent such rigid-like belief systems are through out the rest of the world, regardless of what which religion may have spawned it. I suspect the kind of philosophical rigidity that Mr. Malloy has revealed within Vort may be more prevalent than a lot of us wished it was.

You have the misguided idea that things are going to keep on the way they are. Ed Dames, AKA Dr. Doom, is being interviewed on C to C AM. I find him amusing, because I have a black sense of humor. He started out by explaining how he was listening to white noise on an AM radio tuned to nothing when he heard a voice crying for help. He deduced that it was a fetus being aborted. That's just what the radical pro lifers, remember, I'm a moderate among my peers, need some more ammunition. Dr. Doom is predicting a nuclear war on the Korean pensulia with in the next 12 months.

If Mr. Malloy is listening in (and I suspect you have been) this message was not meant to patronize you nor treat your beliefs like they were a collection ideological curiosities that need to be dissected into meaningless fragments by of a bunch of secular humanist social scientists.

No, I enjoy it.

On the other hand, there are individuals within this discussion group who have sincerely attempted to reach out to you, to help you walk through the barriers you have surrounded yourself within.

You have to realize that I'm right.

They do this not because they think it is some kind of a conspiratorial contest being done at our expense to see who possesses the biggest testicles in some perverted macho attempt to destroy your cherished beliefs.

I imagine that they went to college.

Some have reached out to you in an attempt to help you survive certain beliefs they perceive as having trapped you rather than freeing you. Because in the end we really are all from the same family - and family members stick by other family members in the best way they can.

Thursday night I attended a lecture be Michael Medved, host of the talk show which bears his name. Part of the ticket included an autographed copy of his new book, Right Turns. I had him wish me a happy civil new year, we like new years so much that we have two of them on the Hebrew Calendar, civil and religious. Right Turns tells how he went from being a Yale educated liberal to being president of an Orthodox congregation. While Michael doesn't share my fascination with eschatology, his religious views are even more extreme then mine.

So, I'm going to end this post by wishing all you Vortexians a Happy New Year.