Keith Nagel's recent OT Social [In]Security Post got me to thinking...

The thing that infuriates me the most about the Bush administration's Social
Security Reform attempt is its utter futility at actually improving the average
U.S. citizen's standard of living as the plan their retirement years. From my
perspective it's just another elaborate shell game that redistributes a finite
amount of beans from one pocket to another, the question being: whose pockets
will the beans eventually end up in.

As anyone who has ever played the stock market and ESPECIALLY commodities
market will tell you: There are buyers and sellers. It takes two individuals to
complete a transaction. When a transaction is completed one individual tends to
make a profit at the expense of the other. This "profit/loss" mantra is
particularly true for those hearty souls who play (or should I say: gamble)
within the highly volatile commodities market.

Granted, I assume that the Bush SSNO reform scheme is not proposing that any of
its citizens gamble the future of their social security by playing the
commodities market. Never the less, the buying and selling of stocks in the
stock market often implies that some individuals, regardless of whether they
are really smart or just plain dumb lucky, will make a profit. The point being:
A profit tends to be made at the expense of those they complete the transaction
against.

The utter futility of Bush's SSNo reform plan implies that only those who are
"smart or just plain dumb lucky" will tend to benefit.

IMHO: It's not the president's job to assist those who are "smart or just plain
dumb lucky." It's always been my impression that the president's job is to
assist and improve the lives of ALL U.S. CITIZENS who voted (or didn't vote)
him into office. Bush's plan favors the "smart or just plain dumb lucky." It's
always been my hope that the elected official that was voted into the highest
office of our land would spend more of his time on figuring out how to reduce
the over-all cost of energy so that ALL U.S. citizens would benefit, instead of
implementing the equivalent of a "shell game" where only the smart or just
plain dumb lucky will tend to benefit.

Said differently: Reduce the cost of energy and EVERYONE benefits. EVERYONE's
standard of living has a chance to improve. Mr. Rothwell has already explained
this paradigm more eloquently than I even could. OTOH, start playing the stock
market with our SSNO and only the "smart or just plain dumb lucky" will tend to
benefit when it's time to retire.

Bush is not doing his job. This is a recipe that will allow more senior
citizens to spend their golden years working under the Golden Arches rather
than enjoying what creative pursuits they have left to give back to society.
"May I take your order, sir? Two Big Macks? Yes, sir, right away."

So, what else is new.

Frustrated in Madison, Wisconsin.

Regards,

Steven Vincent Johnson
www.OrionWorks.com
Observing the vortex produced in a clear plexiglas tank of water by a high speed rotating member facing down with a clockwise rotation I notice the cone of the vortex is at the surface and counterclockwise  due to the vortex curling 180 degrees from the face of  the rotating member up to the surface. The diameter of the vortex remains near constant until it approaches the water surface when it expands to the familar parabolic form. a measured amount of air can be induced at the member due to vacuum. The air allows the many shed vortices to become visible in the water that move in many directions.

A water vortex is made up of many spirals some of which appear to be flowing opposite from the main bands.
These spirals remind me of a model of a DNA molecule.. hmmm.

Reading a recent research paper where light was " frozen" reminds me of what happens when a water vortex is disturbed.. it collapses.
Thinking of the frozen light experiment, I try to imagine what is taking place. I have considered the event may be similar to impinging on  a water vortex... " IF" light is actually in spiral helix form and interrupting ( impinging) the helix may be what causes the light to freeze. If light is actually composed of 3 components it could better explain why sunlight can heat a surface after traveling the distance through space at near absolute zero temperature.

The water vortex may reveal one of the " capacitor" properties of water. If water and light have 3 components and are spiral helix in form  there may be a way to " interrupt or impinge on one of the bands  to " trigger" the capacitor.
Looking at Ecclesiastes 4;12 I read a sentence made by the Teacher.. " a cord of three strands is not quickly broken".
 may offer a clue.

Some of the most unseeming comments expressed in this group have led to stimulation of thought which is the real worth of
the VortexL.

Richard

<<Blank Bkgrd.gif>>