http://home3.netcarrier.com/~chan/EM/PROGRAMS/POLARIZATION/

> From it one can get an immediate and clear
> conception of the
> nature of circular polarization and elliptical
> polarization as
> well for that matter.
>
> In effect the third component of light must be that
> which
> governs the phase angle. This ties is with Jones's
> insight
> in relation to three phase power transmission.
>
> It would appear that the third unrecognised phase
> must be
> one of the two components of mass referred to in a
> previous
> post.
>
> When googling ["three phase" theory] I was amused to
> come
> across the factor 1.732:
This is the sq rt of 3.
In the 3 phase system the delivery line, which is one
of three can carry 1.732 A delivery current which then
splits into two  individually phased one amp currents.
These phase delivery currents are themselves 120
degrees out of phase with each other, and obviously
also out of phase with the delivery line itself.
Because of this delta load phase splitting, Kirchoffs
laws of junction currents is seemingly violated where
what goes out has become greater then what went in at
the node... This appaent contradiction does not
consider the TIMING of each AC signal. The
complication is resolved when we consider the total
picture using all three phases. Suppose we had three
different electrical co.s each selling a single phase
of electricity, but that each one was operating 120
degrees out of phase with the other. In this case of
single phase electricity sold by each Co. the delivery
line current and the phase current of the load are one
and the same thing. One AMP delivery yeilds One AMP
phase current. But in actuality it cost the electric
CO the line losses of TWO delivery lines, since there
is an enter and exit line for the single phase of
electricity. Thus we have six lines of sending and
recieving currents for three loads. Now suppose the
electric Co.s all merged so that they shared each
others  delivery lines. The sending line current of
one Co.s current will be paired with the recieving
line of its neighboring co. on each side. The vector
combination(which is actually a vector subraction and
not a vector addition, since these are sending and
recieving currents from each phase) of both the
sending and recieving currents on both lines shows
that when the two one amp curents were combined in
parallel lines, the two amps was reduced to 1.7. And
perhaps more importantly the Co.s in unison merely
made two lines in to one, reffered to as stator line
currents on the example of a 3 phase alternator. This
also means that now instead we have three loads having
only three delivery lines, instead of six.
   Now if we carried forth this same argument for
quadrature phasing, the shared 1 amp lines would
enable 2 amps of phase currents to be delivered  to
the quature corner at an even lower l.4 Amps delivery
line current.
   The question then becomes does adding more phases
automatically guarantee further gains in efficiency?
No it does not... As proof of this let us investigate
a hypothetical 5 phase system. In the first case the
three phase system delivered three one amp currents at
a cost of(the square root of three)= 1.7A on the
delivery lines. In the second case the quadrature
system delivered four one amp phase currents at a cost
of (the sq root of two)= 1.4 A on the  four delivery
lines. In the hypothetical five phase system we have
the sq rt of 5 =  Five  2.23  Amp delivery line
currents to enable five individual phased  one amp
currents. So we here can see the superiority of the
quadrature system in showing that no other polyphasing
scheme can superceed its % of delivery line vs load
line currents. This is also for a simple rule of
vector addition vs vector subtraction. Only a 90
degree angle between  equal vectors gives equal
magnitude results for both addition or subtraction.

>   POWER = E x I x 1.732 x POWER FACTOR (FOR THREE
> PHASE)

> which, as readers of my precious post may recall, is
>
> Vesica Pisces.  8^)
>
> Cheers
>
> Frank Grimer

Tesla Research Group; Pioneering the Applications of Interphasal Resonances
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/teslafy/