Mitchell Swartz wrote:

There have been no LENR demos! Demos may not even be possible.

Utter nonsense. JET Thermal Products gave an open demonstration of a robust cold
fusion Phusor system at MIT for a week at ICCF10.

Good point. I forgot about that one. I do not think it convinced many people, because the calorimetry is so exotic, the demo has not been repeated as far as I know, and no one has replicated or independently verified the device as far as I know. (Swartz claims people have replicated, but I have no information about this, such as the names of the people or reports they may have written.)

There were also demonstrations by Patterson, that might have easily led to the widespread acceptance of CF, but they were cut off.

John Dash also gave a demonstration on that Tuesday.

That was lovely, and it was great for high school students, but not convincing. The calorimetry is very primitive. Storms wrote a paper describing many of the potential problems with that approach: "Calorimetry 101 for Cold Fusion;
Methods, Problems and Errors."

But then these demonstations were of overunity cold fusion systems.
By contrast, the (misnamed) LENR probably cannot give a similar demonstation. ;-)X

What is the difference between these systems and LENR? As far as I know the two mean exactly the same thing.