Is there a serious belief that Science is separated from politics ?
History is incoherent with that claim, and current history too.

to be honest I observe that strangely corporate and business politics is
often more politically neutral (only relative) than academic politics which
is very polarized, maybe because there is less contact with reality than
business.

it is fascinating to see academic battle on ideology wars even in physics
(war between socialized big science vs libertarianism of science,
religiosity of theory vs materialism of experiments) while for corps the
main war is whether a law give them enough time to adapt or attack the
bottom line.
I see oil corp fund wind turbines, LENr research, green NGO, shale
lobbyist, ...
I wont call that ideology, that is just following the wind and trying to
gain time.

On the opposite, and part of it is good, I see academic battling for one
idea, despite evidences, until they die.