On Sat, Jan 3, 2015 at 9:24 AM, Bob Cook <frobertc...@hotmail.com> wrote:

It may be that the hydrogen only acts to help distribute the Li-7 to the Ni
> isotopes for the Li-7+Ni reactions Jones suggested back in October and Eric
> has just reviewed.

Just a small correction.  It was Robin that suggested that what was going
on was a chain of 7Li(Ni,Ni)6Li neutron-stripping reactions.  This is a
suggestion that I'm still partial to.  Unless there has been an error in my
analysis, I'm inclined to think the percentage of lithium reported in the
2mg sample from the Lugano assay was unrepresentative of the percentage of
lithium in the total charge by a factor of 10-20.  Admittedly, this is a
heavy strike against the proposed involvement of 7Li, all else being equal.

Most advances in technology are based on a mixture of trial and error work
> and application of half-baked theory.  They go hand in hand.

Nice summary.

Eric