Jones Beene <jone...@pacbell.net> wrote:

> Think about thermal decomposition of water with a newly discovered
> catalyst, probably in one of these 5300 patents, plus an improved dog-bone
> reactor at 1300C.

I do not think that a cheap method of producing hydrogen would help much,
unless it was small enough and safe enough to place in people's houses. I
think Toyota now plans to have gas stations that sell hydrogen. I think
these patents relate to the fuel handling and delivery systems. Building
enough stations to make these cars useful over much of Japan or the U.S.
would cost a fortune, whereas electric cars can be charged anywhere, and
plug-in hybrids refueled or recharged anywhere.

If the hydrogen generator were cold fusion powered, why not just use cold
fusion directly as the primary source of energy in the car?