Axil's comment as to where the voltage must be measured to determine the
correct power in the reactor fuel is right.  The problem is designing a t/c
connection that will remain in tact for any length of time at 1200 C.  Once the
temperature drop across the active region of the alumina vessel is measured and
shown to be predictable over the temperature range for control, then a
controlling t/c can be installed on the exterior of the alumina vessel and no
need the internal one(s) for control.  That may be the scheme that Parkhomov
used?  He calculated or otherwise determined the internal to external
temperature drop and used an externally located t/c to control electrical power
input.

To get a more reliable t/c to "calibrate" the external control t/c, it may be
desirable to design an internal metallic well to fit inside the reactor at its
center line into which an easily replaceable t/c can be introduced to better
measure center line temperatures.  Such a well could be a thin metallic tube
inside a thin alumina tube, such that the fuel would only be in contact with
alumina, although in an annular space.  If the t/c fails, it could be replaced
without opening the reactor and possibly without even cooling down.  Such an
"access port" to the center of the reactor may be desirable for other types of
instrumentation, such as an induction coil to measure magnetic fields, or
placement of materials that may be made radioactive by neutron flux.  It also
would be useful to be able to introduce a positron emitter such as radioactive
Na-22 to calibrate for 0.511 MEV gamma emission with a co-incidence counter.
Such a set up may allow the determination of any directionality associated with
the magnetic field or the LENR reaction itself.

These ideas assume that the LENR reaction may be affected by the
instrumentation port.  However, the thermal monitoring or other instrumentation
will be useful in the null experimentation to understand conditions established
by the electrical power itself and transmission/shielding of the reactor setup
itself. For example, if light transmissivity was of interest, a glass tube
could be introduced into the center of the reactor in a null experiment to
measure light transmission  with a known light source.

Bob Cook