This magnetic field would be lost with a one-turn rod or tube.

From: Hoyt A. Stearns Jr.

Silicon carbide is a good enough electrical conductor it can be made to be the
vessel and heater at the same time

( I've tried using it as a heater -- works fine).

From: Bob Higgins

Daniel,  I got an email response to you from Dennis Cravens (who reads
Vortex-l):

"One easy way is a carbon welding rod. ---Cheap and most have copper coatings
that can be easily pealed off and also be used for easy connections. They are
also useful for current shunts."

Daniel Rocha wrote:

Bob,
it seems that Parkhomov is low on budget. Isn't there a cheaper way to heat
that?  Like, removing the graphite from a pencil and using it to heat?