I just received the following phishing scheme. Never got one like this
before. Kind of a new angle, and a bit creative too!

I received a terse text message that sez:

"Why have you sued me? WTF is this?

I am attaching the subpoena."

I did not include the supoena.doc file, nor did I even care to open it to
find out what horrible things I have committed.

I decided to check out the supplied URL, however, that came with the email
address:  txbrs.com.

If you enter

            http://intxbrs.com

web hosting immediately reroutes the URL to:

            http://texasbuildingandroofingsuppliesinc.com/

The URL turns out to be what appears to be a legitimate business: "Texas
Building and Roofing Supplies, INC."

I'm assuming the website may have been hacked. Maybe someone can clue me in
here, but if I were to be so naive as to return a response to the supplied
email address appears, wouldn't my response go to presumably an employee of
Texas Building and Roofing Supplies. INC? IOW, it would seem to imply that
someone working at that establishment is actually instigating this phishing
scheme. Or, could it be the case that some savvy tech-nerd found a way to
re-route the special email address to a more obscure location, particularly
since the URL txbrs.com is immediately rerouted to a more elaborate URL
address. If so, it would imply that someone, like a web builder may have
been involved in assembling the phishing scheme.

I'm thinking of calling the establishment to inform them of what I received
allegedly from one of their employees. The website has a phone number. See
if they know if the email address belongs to a known/legitimate employees of
the business.

Comments?

Regards,

Steven Vincent Johnson