Holmlid also states that many other types of sub atomic particles are
produced. Mesons of various types and pions are mentioned. The muon is a
decay product of mesons. It is unclear what is initially produced and what
is a decay product. The higher energy particles have a very short lifetime
compared to the muon so the muons will appear more prominently in low
resolution detection methods. It will take expensive particle detection and
identification equipment to resolve what rydberg matter is generating. That
equipment will not be available until LENR gains full credibility in
particle physics. This might take some time.