Jones, I would like to hear your arguments of evidence that the muons CAME
from the proton.

My first observation is that muons are ~100MeV particles by positive mass
energy.  That says that ~200MeV could wrench a muon - antimuon pair into
existence (presumably from the Dirac sea).  Since this was a 14TeV
collision, enough energy was present to liberate 70 muon - antimuon pairs -
forgetting entirely about the presence of the protons.  That they saw 4
muons emerge does not strike me as evidence they came from a proton.

Second, I thought these collisions were conducted in a vacuum.  An antimuon
is just a +charged muon, and in a vacuum I would not think an antimuon
would be subject to more rapid recombination than than the ordinary muon.
It should have been observed.

Bob Higgins