I really enjoy browsing this site, the discussions are amazing.
I recently on LENR Forum had some similar thoughts but since I am more an
enthusiast than and far from a serious physicist so they are pretty speculative
and I appreciate from the discussions here that there are also all sorts of
nucleus and nucleon state energy and conservation issues to be taken into
account. I wonder if they are relevant though so i thought to copy it here:
I recently read an article on Space Daily about atoms during a
supernova:spacedaily.com/reports/How_do_…ernova_explosion_999.htmlIt talks
about X-ray interactions in Supernova producing an exotic plasma state where
the inner electrons are ejected from atoms. A supernova is obviously a
different environment than that discussed in Leif Holmlid experiment and the
article does not talk at all about either cold or hot fusion but I wonder if
the high temperatures and energies produced by the lasers might be creating a
similar environment on a local scale that has a similar atomic effect that LENR
can then maybe take advantage of.I could not help wondering if this could play
a part in Rydberg matter formation. Also if the inner vacancies from the
ejected photons could capture a muon before the outer electrons rearrange and
fill these positions.Note according to the article high energy X-rays are
produced as a consequence of this effect which i understand are not seen in
LENR experiments. I wonder if the XUV light seen in sonoluminescence
experiments and by Mills is at similar frequencies?Could there be
characteristic photon emission from transitions in muon shell levels similar to
those from electrons and at what frequencies these occur. Could these be
observed experimentally?If characteristic radiation can be seen from muon
energy level transitions then it could be interesting to see if radiation of
these frequencies occur astronomically, either in supernovae or other energetic
shocks and boundaries such as associated with different parts of solar flares.
Given the muon half life if the radiation occurs well way from known sources
such as high in the solar corona rather than just close to the photosphere then
it may tell us something about how and where they are formed.I like Axils ideas
about the SPP directly producing the radiation but on a slightly different tack
I wonder if in the absence of lasers could the SPP mentioned by Axil generate
similar disruptions to the inner electrons either directly or magnetically or
through the radiation generated by the SPP solitons?If muons are seen do we
know if they are positive or negative or do we see both, I suppose in order to
form muonic atoms and allow muon catalysed fusion they would need to be
negative? I suppose even if muons could be generated from some process perhaps
involving decay, interaction or resonance of virtual pions in the nucleus quite
a lot of energy would be needed? Would the high temperatures of 50 to 500 MK be
sufficient for this? Am I right in saying this is equivalent thermally to about
4.3 to 43 keV? This seems quite low to generate pions or muons. Or is the
specific laser frequency also important?Once produced in a nucleus would
negative muons wave function naturally move into the available orbital due to
overlap with the nucleus or would conservation of momentum require them to be
ejected?If negative muons are produced from a negative pion in the nucleus I
suppose conservation rules would require a Neutron to change to a Proton. If
these come from the deuterium this implies it forms He2 + which I suppose would
immediately decay to 2 Protons or by beta + decay back to deuterium. Do we see
a change in protium/deuterium ratio consistent with this?Looking further I read
that beta decay rates are sometimes modified in highly ionised atoms and
sometimes bound beta decay where an emitted election is transferred to a bound
state can occur. phy.pku.edu.cn/~jcpei/meeting/201408/litvinov.pdfI wonder if
this could also occur for muons generated from pion decay in the nucleus,
particularly as the orbitals for muons have greater overlap with the nucleus
when compared to electron orbitals. Could it be that atoms in Rydberg state or
with ionised lower orbitals are more likely to generate muons or capture
negative muons from a nucleus? I suppose this would have been previously
observed if this is the case, however. I'm not sure how conservation of
momentum is respected in bound beta decay however maybe the momentum not
included in the neutrino is taken up by the atom. I suppose any positive muons
produced would be ejected and form muonium. Still it is difficult to account
for the energy required if they do come from the nucleus. Edit: I wonder if to
some extent all nucleons exist in a cloud of one or more virtual mesons
according to the quark composition of the nucleon and how their wave functions
would behave and interact. I wonder if a highly charged environment such as a
collection of nuclei in a Rydberg matter or UDD or an an atom with ionised
inner orbitals such a transition of a pion and muon decay can be more likely.
Could it be in Rydberg matter the nuclei are too closely packed for beta decay
to occur due to the size of the electron wave function in the first electron
orbital but pion-muon decay would still be possible? In normal matter with
electrons in occupied inner orbitals could this prevent muon decay occurring
and instead favour nucleon integrity from a conservation of energy point of
view and beta decay? Could such a behaviour be evaluated and measured in terms
of half lives and size of wave functions and quantum tunnelling effects? A
crazy question... Could a bound nucleon such as a neutron theoretically decay
into to or temporarily exist as 3 pions? EDIT: Interestingly 3 pions would have
less than half the mass of a nucleon but I suppose other conservation rules
would need to be respected, i'm not sure if this is possible. But if it was
could this be an alternative source of energy?
I wonder if the lasers in Holmlids experiments are required to produce the
rydberg matter, cause it to form UDD or initiate its "muon fusion" type
behaviour?I remember a while back Axil explained to me about how Rydberg
Hydrogen matter forms in 2d crystals and in fact they can stack into threads. I
wonder if Deuterium is used if this the same as UDD? Could threads of Rydberg
Matter like this resonate with particular frequencies and have a "thermal"
phonon effect as has been discussed elsewhere? And would this have a
characteristic frequency? Could the laser used by Holmlid excite this resonance
at higher frequency compared to thermal resonance in this ultra dense material
for example?On a sperate point would Muonic deuterium be special in some way?
The orbital muon would spend relatively more time in the nucleus when it does
would there be a net charge impact in the nucleus. Could this also disturb
significantly the coulomb barrier, and perhaps even perturb the nucleus.I'm
also speculating a lot as an amateur enthusiast… and probably sprouting rubbish
in my enthusiasm. So I hope someone with more knowledge can clarify and knock
some holes in what i just said.

Thanks
Stephen