Could generation of +/- s quark pairs be the trigger for nucleon
disintegration. Could each pair with an up quark to form kaons and force the
disintegration of the nucleons from which the up quark comes? Each s quark has
a rest mass of 100MeV. I'm not sure if there is a meson containing an s quark
pair however. Unless it is in the form of K- long or K- short also about 497
MeV that seem to contain a strange balanced mixture of + and - down and strange
quarks. I'm not knowledgable enough of a nuclear physics to know if this is
something to consider, but it seems intersting.

Sent from my iPhone