It is absurd then for Steorn to have invested in the marketing and
engineering to bring it out as a marketized/productized "cube" format with
its own brand as they have done.  These are tactics to sell a consumer
product.  If they want licencees, then they must have a patent portfolio
locking up the technology, publish journal papers on the technology, and
then sell demonstration systems that allow the potential investors to SEE
how the technology works - not have to tear it open to SEE it in action.