From: jone...@pacbell.net
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
Subject: RE: [Vo]:Super strong glass is based on adding alumina
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2015 07:13:21 -0800

For anyone interested in translucent alumina tubes for a glow reactor
experiment, they are available from time to time on eBay (but not now). They
are alumina and not transparent, but translucent. Of course borosilicate glass
is also available but alumina could be relevant to gain.  A more translucent
tube would be advantageous if external photons are to be introduced as a
reaction trigger, instead of electrical current. Those who believe that SPP are
responsible for initiating the gain in the glow reactor already see the
futility of using incandescence (from resistance wiring) to produce photons at
no more than 3% efficiency, when a proper external lamp can provide 60%
efficiency - or a factor of 20x more photons per unit of electrical power.
Imagine increasing COP by an order of magnitude via a simple change in input
power, and at the same time eliminating the most common cause of tube failure.
From: Mats Lewan  You might have heard of the Japanese researchers making glass
almost as strong as steel. Their paper:http://www.nature.com/articles/srep15233

The popular version here:
http://gizmodo.com/japanese-researchers-make-glass-thats-nearly-unbreakabl-1739673940
  What attracted my interest was the role of alumina in this new material.If
alumina has properties that are important for Rossi’s reactors, and in
particular since Rossi claims that he’s developing a new reactor called E-Cat X
which will produce both heat and light, this new alumina based transparent
glass material could be of interest.  Matswww.animpossibleinvention.com