Jones,
"Hmmm... anyone got a clue about what the small gadget is - which is mounted to the bottom rail, just to the right of the main weight - and is moved slightly one every revolution by an elbow of one of the cranks?"

I'm guessing that it is intended to capture the momentum somehow. Just how is not clear.

What is intriguing is that someone bright enough to have accumulated enough money to make these two gigantic machines, would not have the sense to try it on a small model first and then build just one machine not two, without being very confident that it worked.

RAREnergia wrote that it did work.
"Final pieces and weights of our motor moved by the power of gravity can be assembled in many positions, forming different but similar forms. We tested the final part, in several assembling models. The motor worked perfectly in all models, varying between bigger and minor power or torch (torque?). We choose (chose?) one of the models to conclude the assembling of the equipment and we posted more pictures."

But if it works, why have we not seen a video of it and why not a press conference to show the world that what we learned at school was wrong? RAR must know if it works. I was expecting no further news indefinitely so that they are back is a surprise.