After having been kicked out of Dr. Mills Yahoo Classical Physics group
earlier this year I came to the realization that I should probably spend
more time focusing on my own personal research work rather than wasting
endless hours indulging in circuitous conjecture that never gets resolved.
Resolution will only happen when (and if) Dr. Mills can pull his CHIT
technology together and demonstrate a working prototype that generates
electricity from the breakdown of water, some powdered metal, and the CHIT
catalyst. After that defrocking, combined with some additional
self-reflection I decided to unsubscribe from Vortex as well. This
additional self-imposed banishment was also done to help encourage me to
redouble my efforts to work on my on-going Kepler project. That I have done.

As 2015 comes to an end I decided to briefly re-subscribe to Vortex... just
long enough to give a brief update to the Collective on how my research is
going. So. here goes:

Back in October I experienced a minor epiphany concerning my Kepler
research. It occurred at my local Noodles and Co restaurant while scarfing
down a chicken Caesar salad. I was pouring over some Mathematica generated
graphics depicting plotted orbital positions and accompanying velocity
vectors. I suddenly noticed an interesting correlation having to do with the
two foci that make up a typical elliptical orbit. My epiphany came from
looking at the following link over the duration of several years. See:

http://www.physics.csbsju.edu/orbit/orbit.2d.html

These simple Mathematica graphics were generated from the physics department
of College of Saint Benedict (Saint John's University) located in Minnesota.
Besides Wikipedia, additional useful resources for understanding much of the
physics behind Orbital Mechanics can be found at:

http://www.jgiesen.de/kepler/

and

http://www.stargazing.net/kepler/kepler.html

The subtle information pertaining to my personal epiphany is embedded in the
geometry of the Mathematica diagrams. It's related to how we apply "Kepler's
equation" in order to plot the position of planets traversing an elliptical
orbit. The new information isn't obvious at first sight. In fact, it took me
years to notice the startling new correlation. As best as I can tell none of
these orbital mechanical websites have carried through and rearranged the
geometry of some of these Keplerian diagrams in a manner that I think Kepler
would have eventually found himself doing had he lived long enough to do so.
Based on my own research I think it wouldn't have taken Kepler not all that
much more observational powers to have discovered three more Keplerian laws,
additional laws that are just as important as the 1st, 2nd law and 3rd laws.
What stopped Johannes was the eventual morality we all must face: Short
lives. and perhaps not having sufficient computing power at his quill to
plot out a few additional theoretical orbits to verify certain suspicions he
may have speculated about.

As we all know Kepler's 1st law of planetary motion states: "The path of the
planets about the sun is elliptical in shape, with the center of the sun
being located at one focus. (The Law of Ellipses)" Over the centuries there
has been conjecture as to what might be happening at the other (empty) foci.
Does this seemingly unused focal point exhibit any kind of particular
Keplerian law of the same caliber as Kepler's 1st law? As best as I can tell
nobody has managed to uncover a unique Kepler law that specifically uses the
other empty foci in an exclusive manner similar to Kepler's 1st law. Over
the centuries respected researchers have puzzled over this enigma including
Richard Feynman. You can view some of Feynman's ponderings on the matter out
at:

http://tinyurl.com/qzcrpoy

The best representation, to date, that I know of that tries to employ the
other "empty" foci is the string tied into a loop method which is then
placed around two separated thumbtacks. The two thumbtacks represent the two
foci of a hypothetical ellipse arrangement. This allows one to trace out an
ellipse when a pencil is placed between the two tacks and the string is held
tight. It's quite clever in all honesty! Nevertheless, this arrangement does
not reveal anything exclusive as to what the empty foci might reveal in its
own right, similar to what Kepler's 1st law reveals. I confess, WHAT THE
EMPTY UNFILED FOCI MIGHT REVEAL HAS BEEN AN OBSESSIVE CURIOSITY THAT HAS
SUCK WITH ME FOR, FOR DECADES. And now, in my early 60s, I think I have
managed to uncover the mystery of what the so-called empty foci represents.

I admit it is probably arrogant for me to say this (and it's still possible
I may be proven wrong) but I believe I know exactly what kind of information
the empty foci reveals - in Keplerian terms. In order to explain it in
Keplerian terms I believe it will be important for me to establish three
additional honorary Keplerian laws. The first two of these new laws are
based on well-known orbital mechanical principals. Well. I should really say
these are mathematical principals well known to those who have studied the
characteristics of orbital mechanics, but not necessarily to the general
public. In order to reveal the third new law, the law which explains what
the so-called empty foci represents, I will need to first define these two
additional laws as important support to the third law. These are laws that
in my opinion Kepler, himself, would have published if he just had more
time, and perhaps more computing power at his fingertips. In a sense, it
sometimes feels as if I'm doing this in a posthumous fashion, sort of in
honor of Kepler.

So, what does the empty foci reveal?

In a nutshell: The empty foci reveals velocity vector information that is
both directly linked and correlated with each planetary position within the
elliptical path taken.

PLEASE NOTE: Do not confuse my use of the term "velocity vectors" with what
has been defined as "angular momentum." That is a completely different
animal - another exotic creature that I might possibly tackle at a later
date.

This velocity vector information I refer to is not necessarily obvious at
first sight - not in Keplerian terms. I need to stress that this information
is not something that has not already been meticulously published nor
plotted out in various permutations involving mathematical / derivative /
integral / parametric equations. In fact, I will need to resort to using a
number of these known equations in order to computer animate the movement of
my planets. That said, due to my own initial ignorance of orbital mechanics
I often ended up having to self-educate myself of the basic principles
associated with orbital mechanics. This often resulted in me in
self-discovering certain facts on my own and from such an obtuse
observational perspective that it's still possible I might end up
contributing a few new equations to the current mulligan stew. A crucial
point I'm trying to make here is that I believe we need to rearrange some of
the geometry currently used in order to make the three new Keplerian laws
pop out in glaring obviousness. IMO so much more of what currently makes up
the fundamental architecture of orbital mechanics can be revealed through
the use of simple geometry. Doing so, I think, would be more intuitively
understandable for many. The three new Keplerian laws are all there,
visually speaking! As I see it, the way we have currently exploited some of
the mathematical equations used to define orbital mechanics has
unfortunately ended up compartmentalizing too much of the information and in
a sense obfuscating what I would describe as an utter simplicity I suspect
Kepler had intuitively sensed. I hope I can reveal some of that utter
simplicity within the simple geometry of the ellipse itself. I suspect
Johannes was endeavoring to do just that, if only he had had more time.

Some Spin Off Speculation: At this early stage, I don't know if this will
eventually pan out or not, but the speculated addition of these potential
additional Keplerian laws might suggest that, in quantum mechanical terms,
it might be possible to measure BOTH the position and velocity of sub-atomic
particles simultaneously. According to quantum mechanics as it is currently
taught, that is a definite no-no. But if both the position and velocity
could be mapped out simultaneously, could this have useful industrial
applications?

It's going to take me some time to generate the appropriate code and
animations to do it proper justice. I've been working full-time on this
project since last April. My hunch is that I'm in for the big haul for at
least another year or two of meticulous analysis and coding before my
findings are sufficiently refined to a point that it's ready to be placed
out on-line for others to ponder. Why so long? Hey! Your're all Vorts,
right? You should all be aware of the inevitable delays that come with any
worthy project! Think of Steorn, Rossi, Mills. While most of these
individuals and/or their organizations continue to show signs of definite
progress, to the best of my knowledge none of them have yet to break out of
the pack and sprint to the finish line as the clear winner. As for me and my
own endeavors, what I've learned about retirement is that it doesn't
necessarily translate into acquiring oodles of free-time at my disposal. One
word explains it all:

HoneyDo!

In the meantime, I continue to passively check in on the Vortex archives,
sometimes daily. Typically, I check subject lines for relevance. Next, I
like to check out what Jed Rothwell may have felt compelled to comment on,
or perhaps just to simply to announce for the benefit of the Vort
Collective. If I find both Jed and Jones posting repeatedly in same subject
thread, I know I'll be interested!

And now, back to work... and a little NY Eves celebration.

c u all in 2016!

Regards,

Steven Vincent Johnson

OrionWorks.com