On Sat, Jan 16, 2016 at 9:02 PM, Jack Cole <jcol...@gmail.com> wrote:

Good find.  Reading the translated comments, there are some good points.
> Specifically, the hydrogen conducts heat at a much higher rate to the
> quartz outer tube.  Thus, the nickel wire is not as bright under hydrogen.

I understand you to mean that because the heat conduction of hydrogen is
greater than that of air, you can have a larger power output while
observing a lower temperature in the heating element (as evidenced by the
lower color temperature).  Is this understanding correct?  Does this mean
that the thermocouple attached to the side of the tube would be of no help
here, and the delta in the water temperature is what would be important?

In the video, one of the captions said: "We change the conditions of the
experiment and raise blood pressure."  I don't think it was that stressful.

Eric