It was late and i didn't read it back.. i meant that the roles of both
Newton's 3rd law and Lenz's law in shoring up conservation of energy and
momentum is often under-appreciated - as evinced by the previous replies to
this thread, which prompted me to delurk after so many years..

Interia is velocity independent due to mass constancy - a body's inertia
(its resistance to a given acceleration) is constant, and not a function of
its current velocity.  But kinetic energy IS a function of velocity - it
costs more energy to further accelerate a mass, the faster it goes - for a
1 kg mass, the special introductory one-time-only offer is just 1/2 a Joule
for the first meter per second of acceleration.  Bargain basement.

But then each additional m/s of acceleration costs more and more,
escalating as half the square of the rising velocity.  If our target speed
is 100 m/s, then that final m/s of acceleration from 99 m/s costs a
whopping 99.5 Joules - almost 200 times the cost of the first meter / sec.

So my point was simply that an N3 violation would allow us to maintain that
1/2 J/kg/m/s deal indefinitely - we'd always begin stationary relative to
our reaction mass, regardless of the rising system velocity.  So our input
energy would scale following the same dimensions as momentum (P=MV).  Since
KE = 1/2 MV^2, P and KE both converge at a value of two anyway (since half
two squared is still two) - so in principle their units and dimensions
would become identical.. at which point the question of whether we're
inputting "energy" or "momentum" becomes entirely academic - if the system
momentum gained 1/2 a meter per second per Joule, it would sustain that
ratio independently of rising net system velocity.

And yes, a Lenzless motor presents no load upon the power supply.

To elaborate, in a conventional motor we could monitor the rotor's activity
via a scope attached to the power supply - accelerations of the rotor cause
back EMFs - if a rotor is pushed one way, the voltage supplying the current
is pushed back...  equal and opposite reactions, and so active feedback to
the power supply.

But a Lenzless motor accelerates its rotor without inducing counter-EMFs -
so there is no feedback on the power supply.  The rotor is pushed one way,
but the current and voltage are completely unfazed by its acceleration.

Hence the only dissipative workload on such a solenoid would be resistance
losses - buy a heater, get a free blender.  The free RKE will dissipate to
heat and so register in a calorimeter as a gain over and above Joule
heating.

As for the power of ten thing, as already explained, the baseline minimum
cost of a 1 kg/m/s of acceleration is 1/2 a Joule (because KE=1/2MV^2).
And an N3 violation would enable us to keep taking that introductory offer,
repeatedly - basically re-joining the back of the queue in a ropey
disguise.  Which would mean we could accelerate a 1 kg mass, say, up to 100
m/s, say, using 100 discrete 1/2 J per 1 kg/m/s thrusts, for a total
expenditure of 50 Joules.  Yet at 100 m/s, from a stationary reference
frame, a 1 kg mass has 5 kJ of energy.   50 J in for 5,000 J out is
actually two powers of ten, so my bad.  And i also mis-spelled
"motherlode"...  but there it is.  For such an oft-overlooked energy
asymmetry, it's a particularly bountiful one..

But EM or mechanical, it's the same fundmanetal asymmetry, creating energy
by not conserving momentum.  Furthermore the gain in energy is not
apportioned from the input energy - all of which is always accounted for,
internally, in the form of mass displacements, but rather from its
asymmetric distribution (specifically its momentum component) relative to a
third (ie. static) reference frame.

PS. On reflecton, it seems the powers of ten are just waypoints - at 500 J
input we'd have 50,000 J output, so three powers of ten gain margin.  The
peak efficiency is thus arbitrary and simply equal to the standard
divergence between P and KE for their respective linear vs exponential
dimensions.