Daniel Shaw expertly shares crucial aspects of traumatic abuse in cults --
he had a decade with Guru Mayi of SYDA: Rich Murray 2016.02.16
http://rmforall.blogspot.com/2016/02/daniel-shaw-expertly-shares-crucial.html

http://www.thezensite.com/non_Zen/Traumatic_Abuse_in_Cults.html

Traumatic Abuse in Cults: An Exploration of an Unfamiliar Social Problem

by Daniel Shaw, C.S.W

 (This essay uses SYDA (Siddha Yoga) as an example of an abusive cult)

Table of Contents
 * Introduction
 * What Is a Cult, and Why Do People Get Involved in Them?
 * Seduction
 * Thought Reform, or Mind Control
 * Social Work Values vs. Cult Values
 * Inner Emptiness and the Culture of Narcissism
 * The Question of Pre-Existing and Induced Pathology: Blaming the Victim
 * The Dominating Leader and the Submissive Follower
 * Traumas Suffered by Cult Members
 * Rape
 * Battering
 * Incest