Iron / steel has much higher resistance than copper (so-called resistance
wire for domestic heating elements is
usually steel).

Resistance heating due to eddy currents is the only source of heat in
induction; domain flips are fueled by ambient phonon exchanges (the
principle exploit in MCE allowing adiabatic / isothermal cycling), but heat
in = heat out for any closed hysteresis loop.

Measure the steel's resistance with a meter, then find a thin piece of
copper - resistance is a function of cross-sectional area, so thin piece of
copper can have equal resistance to a thicker piece of steel.. in which
case you should get similar heating.